Assistant Manager – Escape Room Game Master
Love puzzles and interacting with people? Have a strong sense of ownership, and ability to roll up your sleeves to solve any challenge? Enjoy having fun at work, while helping others make unforgettable experiences! This might be the job for you!
Exit Strategy provides real-life escape games, where participants have 60 minutes to find clues, solve puzzles, and escape the room.
We are hiring a full-time and part-time Assistant Manager for both our North and South locations. The Assistant Manager is the ultimate player/coach, personally operating a full schedule of games, while helping to manage the day to day operations of the business.
Game Masters, who play an important role in creating unique and exciting entertainment for our customers, will look to the Assistant Manager for day-to-day direction and coaching. We are looking for quick learners with strong attention to detail, but most importantly, applicants should have a knack for hospitality and customer service.
In addition to supervising the team of Game Masters, The Assistant Manager is responsible for setting weekly schedules, booking Customer events, maintaining operational excellence (including basic maintenance of props and sets), and driving overall Customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Candidates will be considered for Game Master, Senior Game Master, or Assistant Manager, based upon experience and qualifications.
- Operate a full schedule of games as a Game Master
- Train, coach, and supervise team of Game Masters to deliver excellent service, continuous improvement, and Customer Loyalty
- Set weekly schedule, and ensure staffing levels to cover all Customer commitments while maintaining operational efficiency
- Perform basic maintenance and repairs of props, sets, and equipment.
- Interface with Customers, including acting as an escalation point for Customer service issues.
- Respond to emails and phone calls to facilitate Customer bookings, including large group special events outside of normal operating hours.
- Open and close the business daily.
- Interface with senior management, performing light administrative duties, such as bi-weekly timesheet reports
- Strong sense of ownership and attention to detail, with the ability to handle any challenge that may arise.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, outgoing – can interact easily with different groups of people
- Reliable, dependable, and trustworthy, honoring commitments to the Customer and the whole team
- Fast learner – able to think on your feet
- Ability to multi-task and to handle the unexpected
- Ability to remain calm and friendly while under pressure
- Tech savvy (basic computing, willing to learn new software)
- Must be at least 18 years old to apply
This position is eligible for a performance bonus
Full-time, 40 hours/week, with most hours on weekends. Applicants must be able to work Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun, including Holidays! Priority will be given to applicants who also have flexible weekday schedules.
Part-time availability, 15-20 hours/week, with most hours on weekends, will also be considered.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, weekly availability, favorite ice cream flavor, and a brief description of why you’d be a good fit for the Exit Strategy team. Please do not call or stop by in person with your resume – applications will only be accepted via email, sent directly to email@example.com.
South: 4215 Stuart Andrew Blvd B, Charlotte, NC 28217
North: 9539 Pinnacle Drive Ste 300, Charlotte NC 28262